We’re looking for facilitators! Please see the poster and application below for more details. Send your application to Office @ RJVictoria.com by Friday April 2nd, 2018.
We’d love your help spreading the word to anyone who you think may be a good fit 🙂 We’ve also posted it on Facebook and Twitter (@RestorativeYYJ) – shares and re-tweets are greatly appreciated too.
RJV Facilitator Application Form for 2018 Training
You can now access our FREE online training about victim services and RJ in BC, as well as victims’ justice needs and how we can be pioneers in supporting them together!
The course launched March 1st and will take 3-5 hours to complete – you can go at your own pace. Those who finish by April 15th can apply for an advanced training – see below! The course will be offered throughout 2018.
Everyone who completes the course:
- Gets a certificate
- Can apply for an expenses-paid training by the incredibly talented Alan Edwards and Alana Abramson here in beautiful Victoria, at the Laurel Point Inn, this June!
Please pass the news along to any victim service or RJ practitioner or stakeholder you know! We’ve also posted it on Facebook and Twitter (@RestorativeYYJ), so reposts are appreciated.
About the online course:
- Participants may begin the course as of March 1, 2018. Modules 1, 2, and 3 are currently accessible; Module 4 will be available before noon on Thursday March 22nd. If you’d like to do the entire course at once, this can be done as of noon on March 22nd. The course will be open for at least three months
- It is not a replacement for formal restorative justice or victim services training required to be a practitioner in either field
- The four modules are as follows:
- Introduction to victim services in BC
- Introduction to restorative justice in BC
- Victims’ justice needs
- Supporting victims exploring and participating in restorative justice
- There is no limit to how many people can sign up for the online course, and multiple people registering from the same organization is totally fine. About half the course content is centred on BC specifically, but anyone in the world is welcome to sign up. The more the merrier! So far we have over 315 participants 🙂 Please share the word!
- We recommend using either Chrome or Firefox to view the course and multimedia (via Prezi)
- System maintenance will occur Friday March 16th, 2018 (7:00 pm to 11:00 pm PST)
Answers to FAQs about the in-person training:
- Anyone who finishes the online course before April 15th, 2018, can apply to attend the training here in Victoria, facilitated by Alan Edwards and Alana Abramson. The application will be available once you reach the end of Module 4. Applications will not be accepted after April 15th, 2018
- The training begins on Monday June 11th and ends the afternoon of Thursday June 14th. Each day will go from approximately 9 am to 4 pm, but the exact times aren’t yet finalized, so it may be plus or minus an hour or so. The first two days are only for RJ practitioners; the last two days will be for RJ practitioners and VS practitioners
- There are 20 spots available (10 for RJ practitioners and 10 for VS practitioners). We anticipate there will be a lot of applications as people finish the course. We wish we could accept them all, but space unfortunately doesn’t allow! Please don’t let the numbers deter you from applying – you never know!
- For those who are accepted into the training, the paid expenses include (shared) accommodation at the Laurel Point Inn, three meals and two snack breaks for the training days, plus a travel honorarium of up to approx. $300 for anyone coming from out of town. More money may be available; we’ll know more as attendees apply and are selected in April
- The training will expand on the course content and will also introduce new info plus collaborative brainstorming between the RJ and VS folks
Click here to access the course. See Directions for Signing into Online Course if you have any issues signing in (or getting back in).
Please send any questions to Office @ RJVictoria.com.
ANNOUNCING Restorative Justice Victoria’s first annual “Restore Your Sole” fundraiser! In celebration of RJV’s 15th anniversary and to kick off National Restorative Justice Week, we invite you to join us for an exciting evening of fun and entertainment. Cocktails, appetizers, live entertainment, a footwear fashion show, and silent auction…all supporting a fabulous cause.
To learn more, and to purchase tickets, please visit our Eventbrite page.
You can also find this event on Facebook.